ALERT | 6.4.2021 | 12:30 p.m.
Thanks to everyone for your patience in our transition to the new FTP date format change; as of January 2021 we are now fully switched over to the new format. As a reminder, the new format for submissions is to provide the year first, and the quarter next as 01, 02, 03, or 04, in the format YYYYQQ. [For example, fourth quarter 2021: New format - 202104 (YYYYQQ)].
There are two different ways to upload quarterly wage information, depending on whether you are uploading information solely for yourself, or for multiple employers:
- If you are an employer reporting only your own wages, please log in to MyUI Employer to complete the upload.
- If you are a Third Party Administrator and/or are uploading wage information for multiple employers, please use the FTP application, which is linked on this page.
If you have any questions or issues with the FTP upload, please contact us on the FTP helpline at 303-318-9094.
- Download the Excel Formatting Tool.
- Enable your macros (Instructions: Microsoft Office Help)
- Fill in the columns with your data
An Excel tool is available to assist you in formatting your employee wage data into the ICESA format.
Creating the File
Click the CREATE FTP FILE button to create the new ICESA formatted text file.
The new file will save in the My Documents folder. If there is a problem saving to that location, you will be asked for a location to save the file.
The file saves when you click [CREATE FTP FILE] button.
Close: DO NOT SAVE after clicking [CREATE FTP FILE] button.
Navigate to My Documents (or other location) and upload your text file to the FTP Secure Website
- Filling in the Columns
Column A - Social Security Numbers
- Must be a valid SSN of nine numeric characters Do NOT mask any characters Do NOT use dashes or spaces
Column H - Identifying Information About the Submitter
- Each time this workbook is opened, the Quarter and Year will be blank. All other fields will be saved. Complete all text fields
Column G - Seasonal Worker's Wages
- 1 character only = S Do NOT use seasonal status if the business has not applied for and received approval to be a seasonal employer Apply for seasonal status
Column F - Employer Account Number
- Do NOT include a dash or decimal Must be a valid Employer Account Number of nine numeric characters
Column E - Wages
- $2,508.00 should be entered as 250800 Do NOT include a currency sign ($) Do NOT include a decimal
Column D - Middle Initial
- 1 character (not required)
Column C - First Names
- 12 characters maximum
Column B - Last Names
- Do NOT include apostrophes 20 characters maximum
- New Users
If you have never submitted a wage file through FTP, you are required to submit a test file in the Interstate Conference of Employment Security Agencies (ICESA) format. CDLE will validate the format of the test file for you, and then provide a unique User ID and Password to use for submitting quarterly wage files.
Please read our instructions to get started.
- Confirming / Updating the Submitter's Email Address
Each quarter you will be prompted to confirm or update the email address associated with your FTP account when you log in. The email address you provide will be used to communicate success or failure of your wage file upload and any issues with specific records within the file. You must confirm or update your email address in order to upload a wage file each quarter.
- Resetting a Password
Please call 303-318-9094 if you lose or forget your password.
If you have questions or have lost your FTP User ID or Password. Please call 303-318-9094.