The Continued Assistance for Unemployed Workers Act and American Rescue Plan Act extended Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) benefits and required PUA claimants to provide proof of employment, self employment, or proof of planned commencement of employment or self-employment (attachment to the workforce) within 90 days from when they are noticed.
PUA claimants who have not already provided this documentation must do so prior to December 21, 2021.
Claimants who fail to submit this documentation before the deadline will be determined to have been ineligible to receive PUA benefits, and will have to pay back any PUA benefits received on or after December 27, 2020.
Documentation must be dated between January 1st of the year prior to the effective date of your PUA claim and the effective date of your PUA claim.
Proof of employment includes (but is not limited to):
- Paycheck stubs
- Earnings and leave statements showing the employer’s name and address
- W-2 forms when available
Proof of self-employment includes (but is not limited to):
- State or federal employer identification numbers
- Business licenses
- Tax returns
- Business receipts
- Signed affidavits from persons verifying the individual’s self-employment
Proof of the planned commencement of employment or self-employment includes (but is not limited to):
- Letters offering employment
- Statements/affidavits by individuals (with name and contact information) verifying an offer of employment
- Business licenses
- State or Federal employer identification numbers
- Written business plans
- Lease agreements
How to Provide Documentation
To provide the required documentation, log into your MyUI+ account. You can access the issue from your homepage or your inbox.
- From your home page, scroll down to Important Messages and click or press “Select here” which will take you to your inbox.
- OR Select “My Inbox” in the navigation menu and then click on the document ID associated with the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance - PUA 90 day issue.
Once you have accessed the issue complete the following steps:
1 | Select the Document ID for the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance - PUA 90 day issue.
2 | You will be presented with a claimant questionnaire. Complete the required fields and select Submit.
3| Select the Next button.
4 | When asked if there is any additional information that you would like to provide, select Yes.
5 | Choose the option that applies to you and select Submit.
- If you choose the Mail Cover Sheet option, you will be emailed a cover sheet.
- If you choose the Print Cover Sheet Now option, you will be prompted to print a document.
- If you choose the Upload Document option, the next screen will present you with the option to choose and upload a file.
6 | Select Choose File to identify which file you would like to upload.
7 | Once your document has been uploaded, you will receive a confirmation message. Select Next to be returned to your home page or inbox (wherever you started).