Through the COResponds grant, workers affected by the pandemic can find temporary jobs, including those who, as a result of COVID-19:
- Have been laid off
- Are experiencing long- or short-term unemployment
- Are self-employed but currently unemployed or underemployed
Workers who are eligible for the grant will be able to work in temporary disaster-relief jobs that help stem the rise of COVID-19, provide clean-up and humanitarian assistance including actions to save lives, alleviate suffering, and maintain human dignity.
There are dozens of job titles that are approved by the grant, including:
- COVID-19 Rapid Response Testing
- COVID-19 Case Investigators/Contact Tracers
- COVID-19 Disaster-Relief Humanitarian Aid Worker
- COVID-19 Food Bank Sorting & Repacking Coordinator
- COVID-19 School District Health Technician
- COVID-19 Health Screener Temporary School
- COVID-19 Health Assistant School Sanitation Worker Homeless Shelter Navigator
You can see the full list of approved jobs by visiting the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment’s grants page.
For more information contact your local Workforce Center staff at cdle.colorado.gov/wfc.