Are you a job seeker?
Disability Program Navigators (DPN) expand access to Workforce Center programs for individuals with disabilities and serve as liaisons between the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) and the local workforce system.
A Disability Program Navigator can:
- Help you look for full or part-time employment
- Connect you to an apprenticeship program where you can earn a paycheck while learning in-demand skills
- Connect you to a work-based learning experience through which you can explore your career options
- Connect job seekers with disabilities with Workforce Centers, the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR), and community resources
A Disability Program Navigator can provide access to:
- Writing and retooling resumes to match job descriptions
- Filling out job applications
- Developing interview skills
- Networking skills and employer contacts
- Individual job search activities
- Job-related services to address workplace accommodations
- Finding a job coach or mentor
- Clarifying how employment may impact benefits
Are you an employer?
- Are you looking to improve your company’s bottom line?
- Discover untapped potential?
- Reduce turnover?
- Improve company morale and overall culture?
- Expand your customer market?
- Qualify for financial incentives?
- Meet federal contractor requirements?
Consider hiring a person with a disability.
- Research has shown that the benefits of hiring people with disabilities is good for business, the economy, and employee morale.
- Companies who develop workplace environments inclusive to people with disabilities enjoy, on average, 28% higher revenue.
- Want to learn more about workplace accommodations? Visit Job Accommodation Network (JAN).
- Are you interested in increasing diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in your workplace? Employment, Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN) can help.
- Access support from DVR Business Relations staff who can assist you to recruit and retain workers with disabilities as well as provide professional development opportunities for you and your staff.