The Office of Just Transition is responsible for:
- Administering the Just Transitions program for Colorado.
- "Identify or estimate...the timing and location of facility closures and job layoffs in coal-related industries" and make recommendations for how to "most effectively respond to these economic dislocations."
- Appoint members of the Just Transition Advisory Committee (JATC), and support the work of that committee.
- Submit to the Governor and General Assembly the final Just Transition Plan by December 31, 2020, based on the draft plan developed by the JATC and with the approval of the executive directors of Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE) and the Department of Local Affairs (DOLA).
- Engage in administrative proceedings that are relevant to the purposes of the office, including matters before the Public Utilities Commission and the Air Quality Control Commission.
- Participate in CDLE's annual SMART Government Act hearings.
- Recommend to the General Assembly and Governor legislative changes that would allow the office to better achieve the purposes of HB 19-1314.