How to Verify Your Identity in MyUI+
Any time you start an unemployment claim, reopen a claim, or need to make certain changes to your claim info, we will ask you to verify your identity.
Please make sure you complete all identity verification tasks as soon as possible so that your claim will keep moving. You may be asked to complete the TrueID process, where you will have to upload a picture of your ID and take a selfie.
Here are some tips for the TrueID process:
- You must use a smartphone or tablet
- Your ID must be current and not expired
- Tips for taking your ID picture:
- Make sure you can see all four corner brackets on your screen. If you cannot see them, try scrolling down.
- Do not hold your ID when scanning; instead, place it on a stable, surface that has a dark background
- When scanning your ID, please keep your hands as steady as possible
- You may need to zoom in or out to get the program to capture the picture of your ID
Here is some info to help you through the TrueID Steps:
In your MyUI+ account, click on “Complete ID Verification.”
Review the deadline information and agree to the terms and conditions.
Take a clear picture of the front of your ID. Once you have captured the photo, hit the ‘Continue with this Image’ button. DO NOT hit the “Capture Image” button again.
Take a picture of the back of your ID. Claimants who use a passport (has no back picture) will upload the front of their passport twice.
Once you have successfully uploaded your photo, you will need to take a selfie. Your selfie should be clear and well-lit.
Click the red circle at the bottom of the screen to take a selfie. Please make sure your selfie is well lit and that your face aligns with the green line. Click the green button to finalize your selfie. DO NOT hit “close” or you will need to take another selfie.
If you still have trouble finishing the ID verification process, or do not have a smartphone or tablet, please call the Customer Service Center at 303-318-9000.