Finding the Right Career
Skills assessments are a great way for you to learn about what type of career or occupation is a good fit for your skill set.
Making the right career move isn't as simple as taking one step. If done right, it's a series of critical steps involving research, exploration, assessment and decision making that should be done carefully and after much consideration. Your local workforce center can be a guide in the process, helping you map out your future, offering advice and assistance as you begin taking those steps.
Local workforce centers offer a range of valuable skills assessment tools and aptitude tests that can get you started. From those tests, you can get a clearer picture of your talents and interests and how they relate to an occupation. But no test will point you down one specific career path. Each occupation has advantages and disadvantages and even the ones that pay well and are in demand may not be the right fit for you.
- Careers in Colorado - Provides interactive career pathways each of which invites users to compare their knowledge, skills, and abilities to those specific to the occupation they are exploring. Users are then offered regional education and training options to be fully qualified for a chosen occupation.
- Virtual Job Shadow - An innovative resource that helps each student explore, plan and prepare for a career by providing job shadowing videos.
- My Colorado Journey - It can be hard to know which colleges, and which majors might be right for you and your goals. "My Colorado Journey", has information on college admission, opportunities and training to assist you in locating a college and program that is the right fit. On My Colorado Journey find options, support, and programs to help you find a well-paying job and reach your new career goals.
- O*net -A self-assessment career exploration tool that can help clients discover the type of work activities and occupations that they would like and find exciting.
- My Next Move - An interactive tool for job seekers and students to learn more about their career options. My Next Move has tasks, skills, salary information, and more for over 900 different careers.
- LMI Gateway - A powerful career assessment and labor market information system. It was specifically designed for job seekers, students, case managers, training providers, workforce professionals, and others seeking easily accessible career and labor market information.