We are here to help you prepare for employment, find and keep a job, and increase your earnings through a federally-funded program called the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA).
In addition to the services listed to the right, we also offer limited training assistance for short-term training programs that lead directly to jobs identified as “in demand” in the local labor market. Training programs can take the form of classroom training, on-the-job training, internships, or apprenticeships.
To find out more about the WIOA program and training, review the Eligibility and Qualifying criteria information detailed below, and apply through your local Colorado Workforce Center.
WHAT WIOA OFFERS
Services Provided by the WIOA Program:
- Assistance with job leads and "Labor Market Information"
- Résumé assistance and critiques
- Education and career assessments
- Employment readiness and job search workshops
- Career counseling and career planning
- Supportive services
- Intensive job search assistance
- Training for attaining In-Demand Jobs
To meet eligibility for the WIOA Program you must be:
- 18 or older and be legally present in the United States
- Males 18 and older must also have registered with the United States Selective Service
To meet eligibility for the "Dislocated Worker" program services (a program within WIOA) individuals must also be:
- Job seekers who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own and do not have the skills to compete for current job openings
- An unemployed spouse who has lost their primary source of income
Veterans get first priority for WIOA services and eligibility documentation is required.
To qualify for training assistance, you must:
- Apply for, be determined eligible, and enroll in the WIOA program before training begins. (WIOA cannot pay for training begun before enrollment.)
- Participate in an assessment process before training begins to determine that you lack marketable skills to compete for jobs in your identified occupation
- Obtain Labor Market Information that demonstrates the training you've selected will lead to a job currently in demand
In addition to the WIOA training programs, there may be other programs you're eligible for. To begin the process of applying for a WIOA training program, and to help identify what other training programs you are eligible for, contact your local Colorado Workforce Center. To locate a Workforce Center in your area and view their contact information, click on the "Locate a Workforce Center" button below.